Review of Upcoming Short Film: Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw


I support artists of all kinds. I want more free enterprise and less mass produced crapola. I want Indie. I want creative, smart, resourceful, and something I haven't seen a zillion times. Oh, I found it!

There is a short-film (horror comedy) coming up for release on December 9th online entitled "Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw." Here's the description:
It’s a film about a witch, Jenny Ringo, and her slacker roommate Gavin. Jenny returns from a trip away to find that Gavin has somehow obtained a monkey’s paw with which he has made some very ill-advised wishes. It’s up to Jenny to figure out how to reverse the wishes and save the day.


I got to view this ahead of time and all I have to say is -- wow! This was so professionally done, so engaging and adorable, creepy and surreal. It had a wonderful storyline, totally lovable characters. If you love British humor and "Shaun of the Dead" and "Shirley Valentine," "Faulty Towers," or any of the other tons of awesome British imports, you are so going to enjoy this film. I loved the characters so much, I want them to have their own show!

It sucked me in with a minute of watching it and that was it. I had to know what was going to happen to the flat-mates. Be ready for the release of this one and you can be updated on it by joining Jenny Ringo's mailing list. I did! I want to see it again when it comes out. I know my readers well enough to know that y'all will enjoy this one. It's right up your alley.

Comments