Mind FuckTuesday: Emoto Water


I'm a geek who ADORES documentaries. One that I enjoyed very much was "What the Bleep Do We Know?" that goes about trying to explain in an entertaining format theoretical physics and interesting concepts in the field. This video talks about one bit of research that intrigues many people, Emoto Water:



From Wikipedia: "Masaru Emoto is a Japanese author and entrepreneur known for his claim that if human speech or thoughts are directed at water droplets before they are frozen, images of the resulting water crystals will be "beautiful" or "ugly" depending upon whether the words or thoughts were positive or negative. Emoto claims this can be achieved through prayer, music or by attaching written words to a container of water."

Many have disputed the findings coming from a man who not a scientist. However, a double-blind study was followed up on it and passed a peer review in 2006.

So, what are we to make of intentions upon the crystals of water? Might it be that our very emotional milieu could affect ourselves and those around us? I have heard people discuss in hushed voices "cancer" personalities. Is there such a thing? Well, first of all, most of us at some point have cancer, but it does not spread. Our immune systems are really at fault for whether it gets out of hand or we kill it off. So, if your emotional state is good and that does affect your immune system, then perhaps long-term stressors like a bad marriage or suppressed anger could aggravate the immune system, weaken it and make the cancer able to take over.

Still, we have much to learn about our state of mind and how it affects our own bodies and even the environment around us, but this is something to consider. If a Buddhist monk can make his heart rate slow and his body be able to sit in ice water without shutting down, then we can certainly say that the mind and body have a connection that is barely being tapped by the average person and perhaps sometimes even being abused by virtue of neglect.

If you don't mind, I think I'll take a few minutes to meditate with happy thoughts towards y'all.

Comments

  1. A happy thought a day keeps the doctor away? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this put an idea in my mind.

    It's not a 'gadget' in the traditional sense, but it may be a helpful apparatus for ghost hunting.

    You'd take a Petri dish or similar glass container, fill it with water (purified might be best) right to the brim. Then, rub a fine file over a (natural) magnet so the dust falls atop the water, floating on top. Don't put too much on top or it will end up sinking. You want an even coating.

    I believe this would be very sensitive to electro-magnetic fields, and be less subject to failure or outside interference than many gadgets.

    Or maybe I'm just crazy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At 2:13 the message of "Rape Imminent" is broadly displayed in the girl's face.

    What can our thoughts do to us? I'm thinking of you right now, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is interesting when you consider studies done one people who receive prayers without evening knowing people are focusing intentions on them. Makes you wonder if OJ Simpson got what he deserved or if we all wished him into doing something stupid again to get himself caught finally. Hell, I guess if those kind of thoughts were that potent, he would have had a heart attack and dropped dead, hmm? I know what meditation does for the body and the mind. If a human can leave residual behind by say rocking in a chair in the corner of a room and can be heard a hundred years later, then people can affect their environment around them with their intentions. It's the same with me reading objects. People's emotional/mental state is left on objects so if we can act like a sun having solar flares, then why not affect water molecules.

    Eric; not a bad idea. I'm actually taking my dowsing rods and compass into the South Mountain park at the end of the month when I go back to the glyphs. I'm curious if the weird feelings you feel in the park can be shown in any anomalies.

    LG;
    You are quite fanciful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting theory, I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those so called blessings, etc work like magnetizing. Magnetizing does make water healthier by cutting acidity level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echo;
    I like your theory. You definitely belong on this blog, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mind is a wonderful thing and can imprint itself on many people, places, and things. I know this to be true when I was a massage therapist and had to massage "energy vampires". They exist. The suck! No pun intended! LOL

    And don't get me started on stress! I've been full of the crap for way too long...but it is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting post. I had not heard of emoto water.
    We are in our infancy understanding the power of mind/body. When will we reach that knowledge? I wish I could be around to find out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment